Dimitrios has graduated!

On 20th November 2021 Dimitrios Kunsa was formally awarded his degree as Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery by the Vice Chancellor of Kampala University. Although the award ceremony was largely virtual, Dimitrios was one of ten medical graduands selected to attend in person to take the Hippocratic Oath on behalf of some 300 colleagues. Our […]


The Bishop Spartas Trust is very happy to be supporting Helen through a three year Bachelor Course in Education at KIU, which she began in autumn 2018. She has managed to secure a bursary for 50% of her fees, but we will be paying the balance, as well as providing living expenses. Good luck with […]


  Athanasios originally secured a place at Kampala International University two years ago to study for a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, but had no access to funding other than through the Bishop Spartas Trust. He has waited with great patience, and when we told him we would be able to fund him for the […]


We have undertaken to fund Dimitrios throughout the five years of his medical training at Kampala International University. The Bishop Spartas Trust is paying 60% of his tuition fees (he has a scholarship meeting the other 40%), his accommodation and food expenses, all totalling approximately £2500 per annum. Dimitrios is doing extremely well in his […]


Shem is another student whose sponsorship fell through before he could complete his course. The Spartas Trust stepped into the breach and we have funded the final year of his BSc in Chemical Engineering at Makere University which he has now completed. He writes: ‘ I was able to complete my semester exams successfully. I thank […]


When Sarah’s previous sponsorship failed, The Bishop Spartas Trust funded her final year of Teacher Training. She has now completed her course and secured a teaching post in a rural school.